Thursday 3 March 2011

Torches in the Dark


I’m out here playing with my visible friend amidst where leaves and trees and juggling images in the rapid glimpses of brief light. Lets stay out here all night until they find us. This is where with my friend I found out I as dangerous as i had feelings found out frightened people more than war or an unjust economy. The torches swivelled across faces and the faces caught each other’s eyes and made contact. Terror and desire snapped into place in one moment and then neither of us knew what to do.

I’m with you aged 6 running through this forest our torches our little pieces of twentieth century electric progress lighting our way through the centuries old charm of the forest. Out and about in the memory of being this age again. With you and into the forest and into one night that we didn’t have together, I caught your eyes dilating. We can’t cross the chasm of friendship and we would rather stay here in this place in the cold where we can cope. Our solace is our torches out here in the darkness and maybe the matches we play with. A home amongst the trees we failed so much to do whatever it was that we should have been doing that night. But the recognition between the torches and the dilated eyes said what no one would say.

No comments:

Post a Comment